Tuesday, February 23

You Be the Judge - My Olympics Free Dance Scores

Once again using the nbcolympics.com judging feature and scoring the teams that were shown on the American broadcast last night.

1. Virtue/Moir 104.25
2. Davis/White 104.10
3. Belbin/Agosto 96.75
4. Pechalat/Bourzat 95.75
5. Faiella/Scali 95.40
6. Delobel/Schoenfelder 93.75
7. Khoklova/Novitski 93.30
8. Domnina/Shabalin 92.90
9. Samuelson/Bates 90.10
10. Kerr/Kerr 87.25

No video for the free dance, so here are my thoughts. Obviously some big differences from the judges. Ice dancing always was the most subjective one, anyways, but I think they really got it wrong with Domnina and Shalabin's free dance, which I only had eighth best. I'm not a huge Belbin/Agosto fan but I enjoyed their free dance and thought they performed it well, or at least well enough to earn the bronze medal over the Russians. I enjoyed Davis/White's free dance the most, but agreed Virtue/Moir deserved to win the portion and the gold medal. Both teams were overscored in my opinion, though. I thought Pechalat/Bourzat really outskated their teammates Delobel/Schoenfelder in the competition, but placed right behind them overall. I am a big fan of the concept and music that the Kerr's chose for their free dance, but I thought their marks were extremely generous on this night.

No comments: