Tuesday, March 23

2010 World Championships - Compulsory Dance Fourth Group Live Coverage

Group four features Bobrova/Soloviev from Russia, Zadorozhniuk/Verbillo from Ukraine, Navarro/Bommentre from the USA, and Rubleva/Shefer also from Russia.

Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev from Russia. Probably the next big thing for the country.. It seems like they've been around for a while but are just 19 and 20 years old. One of the cameras just can't stay in focus. They have nice posture and everything was done pretty well (if not a bit cautious), but nothing stood out for me. I mean maybe I'm sick of the same pattern and basically the same music already. I'm a hater. Anyways, should be first.

Scores: 16.58/15.85 = 32.43.. yep, first by about a point over the Hungarians.

Anna Zadorozhniuk/Sergei Verbillo from Ukraine. Scratchy but extremely close together.. Better beginning to the second pattern. Not much else to say about them, I liked it! And I think they should go into first, good job.

Scores: 15.84/15.82 = 31.66.. into second. They don't look happy.

Kimberly Navarro/Brent Bommentre. Not sure about this dress for a waltz, but so it goes. I guess it's okay. They are skating further apart than the last two couples... random cheering from the crowd after the first pattern.. I think they are the first team to receive anything during the performance aside from after Reeds' fall. Looks like he ripped the very bottom of his pants. Not that I should be looking at that over the skates.. but just saying. It was nice but I think the previous two teams were stronger. We will see. Coach tells them that was the best of the whole year. I don't usually (have the option to) watch compulsory dances, so I wouldn't know. I think the 'rip' in the pants I saw might actually be the tongue of his skating boot being worn out instead.

Scores: 16.20/15.16 = 31.36.. fourth place, behind the previous two and the Hungarians. I think that is fair.

Ekaterina Rubleva/Ivan Shefer from Russia. Again.. her dress? Not so sure it's a waltz dress. Looks more like they are skating to that wonderful (..) Mummy soundtrack. Cleanish edges, skating close together.. although right up against the boards. They really attacked that first part.. now it's more subtle but they look the most confident so far. I liked them better than their teammates, so I guess I'd have them first? The confidence really stood out for me.

Scores: 15.52/15.01 = 30.53.. well.. sixth. They look happy. Well maybe.. she shook her head a bit.

No comments: