Saturday, March 27

Formspring.me: if you could combine two skaters to make a superskater, which two would you combine, and why?

Wow, another tough question. Takahiko Kozuka for just about everything besides the charisma and ability to really sell a program, and Stephane Lambiel for that very reason, plus the spins wouldn't hurt. I think that would sure be interesting!

As far as ladies go.. there's honestly none of them that move so quick and freely with their entire bodies like we find with the men, so i can't really think of anyone. It's funny, I find the men so much more interesting all the way down the standings now, and I used to think the ladies were the most exciting. Oh, how times have changed.

12 comments:

Tonichelle said...

what? no Maria clone? ;) hee hee

very interesting answer to me question ;)

Tony said...

Nah, she was good for the old system but not this one! Sigh. I still miss her and the qualities that set her apart.. I don't think there's anyone who really stands out like that generation of skaters did..

stevenrocks said...

what about mao and kim?

Tony said...

I don't think so. I think they are good in their own ways, but combining them wouldn't make anything too special. Actually, Shizuka Arakawa and Sasha Cohen wouldn't be too bad of a combination, I think.

Anonymous said...

Shizuka already has Sasha's bendiness, which is pretty much all Cohen is good for.

Anonymous said...

But Cohen is good at selling her program, while Arakawa is not.

Can you imagine a combination of Kozuka and Takahashi? That would be quite a mishmash. I don't want to see it.

I think Nagasu and Flatt would make a perfect combintation.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this whole 'combination' thing get me some weird feeling.

Tony said...

The Shizuka/Arakawa thing-- yes, I picked Sasha because Shizuka has gorgeous basics and had decent consistency, but was also very reserved. Sasha skated with fire and gave you that "Look at me" feeling every time. I think combined, they'd be a great skater.

Kozuka/Takahashi.. yeah, they both have great qualities that are very different. Daisuke has an intensity to his elements that sometimes makes them frantic or a bit sloppy.. Kozuka has the smooth quality and I definitely don't want him to lose it!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's an Asia/North America thing? I prefer Shizuka's quietness on the ice, much like Kozuka, over Sasha's look-at-me desperation.

Anonymous said...

don't you think Lambiel/Kozuka combination may result in problems with 3A?

Anonymous said...

Plushenko/Weir

Anonymous said...

So everybody is combining two skaters to make a superskater with the best abilities each has to offer. What if the result is the combination of the worst attributes from both?