Saturday, March 27

WTF Judging from the World Championships: Fleur Maxwell

I'm watching the ladies short programs from the earlier session that I missed early in the morning yesterday, and I have to say that Fleur Maxwell was totally screwed by her skating order. Three of her program components scores-- the performance/execution, choreograpy, and interpretation, should have easily been head and shoulders above the field to that point. I even thought 6's on them weren't out of the question. But what does she receive? 4.35, 4.10, 4.25. She was in the second warm-up group of ten, and here's yet another case of the judges marking based on starting order. I wish there was a clip of her short program up on YouTube so you could compare it with other programs that were scoring similar. Unbelievable.

No comments: