Tuesday, April 13

More about yours truly

I get a lot of similar Formspring questions asking what my history is in skating and even simply asking for more information about myself. It's the off-season, I really don't have much to write about besides the submitted Formspring questions about skating, so I thought it would be a good day to do a little self-promotion..

    


Just kidding :-) .. but I'm pretty simple. I'm 23 now, and I work at a bar in Columbus, Ohio. I've done some promotion work in major cities around the United States in the last few months for a new website that was created by the owners of the bar. When I'm not working, I like keeping in shape-- running around the city or working out. I also have a thing for TV on DVD and I own far too large of a collection. My favorite shows are criminal-type series, such as CSI, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, and plenty of others. I literally like all kinds of music but some of my all-time favorites are The Smashing Pumpkins, The Arcade Fire, The All-American Rejects, Pink, and Fleetwood Mac. I took piano lessons for many years as a kid, and I still love to sit down and try to play some of the current hits by ear whenever I go visit my family.

I have senior-credit status at The Ohio State University, but took a break from school to work on some other projects. My major is criminology and I'll probably finish a minor in psychology, which was my first major. I also have some high-level credit in French, but I never really get the opportunity to speak the language so I've lost plenty of knowledge since my last class.

As far as figure skating, I've already replied in some of my Formspring answers; but, in case you didn't read them-- I've been a fan of the sport since I first saw it during the 1993 World Championships. I started following it very closely between 1996 and 2005, or so, especially between 1998 and 2004, but then I got a little sidetracked with school and the whole college "life". I've somewhat (note the not completely!) grown out of that and found my passion again at the beginning of the 2009/2010 Olympic season. As far as my own skating, I took serious lessons for about 9 months and was landing some double jumps a pretty consistent basis. Spins and crossovers-- not as gifted!

That's all. I know you were very intrigued by all of this. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..hello!!

Tonichelle said...

weren't you also voted as one of the cutest/best looking members of Skate Forum once upon a time? ;)

sorry, couldn't resist.

Tony said...

LOL, you know.. it's really hard to remember the SkateForum days. I talk about it with some other people and it seems like forever ago, because it really was almost 10 years ago now! And back then, everyone only had one or two pictures of themselves because Facebook/Myspace didn't exist and digital cameras weren't really too popular yet.