Wednesday, April 14

What are your thoughts on Kiri Baga?

She's alright. I think she has decent posture and great flexibility (although I don't feel like she really showcases that in her spinning), and I like that she has a variety of transitions throughout her programs. However, I think she has a long way to go as far as the performance and interpretation go. She has very "absolute" choreography, and while she hits all the nuances, it's not done with any feeling or understanding of the music, at least that's how I see it. Also, I know she's still growing, but all of her triples really are muscled through and she has a scary technique when she tries the flip. But, she was a junior skater this year and you can't ask for everything right away. If she manages well through puberty and gains strength to learn the other triples, she could have a great future.

Ask me a question about figure skating!

No comments: