Thursday, June 3

Do you think that joannie rochette will compete next year?

That's a tough one. I think that she'd love to go for another Canadian title which would mean she'd probably have to do the Grand Prix series, etc, in the fall season. However, I reported a few months ago that Scott Hamilton wants to revitalize the professional competition scene, and has plans to do so during the winter of 2011-- that would be when Rochette would have Nationals/prepare for Worlds. I'm sure the money is going to be very enticing if the plans follow through. On the other hand, the only way I personally think she'd stay amateur is if she feels she can win the World Championship. She definitely isn't staying until 2014 Olympics, and she already has a World silver medal. If Yu-Na decides to take next season off, the chances of Rochette staying in might be much stronger.

Ask me a question about figure skating!

No comments: