Friday, June 4

Hi, I just wanted some clarification on a question you answered on transitions. Are elements that lead directly into jumps (ie: steps, eagle, ina bauer) counted as transitions or part of GOE for difficult entry?

My own understanding is that it should be part of the GoE for the jump entry. I think that most judges would also keep it in mind while scoring transitions, as well, but I'm not sure if that is what is supposed to happen. I mentioned in my prior response that if it looks like all of the elements are isolated, ie. think of a practice session-- there might be steps into all of the jumping passes, but if the skater is doing crossovers the entire time otherwise, I don't think that is a good program transition-wise.

Ask me a question about figure skating!

No comments: