Thursday, June 10

Just Enjoy the Storytelling

Two posts down, I answered a question about Laetitia Hubert's "Prostitute on Drugs"-themed free skate from the 1999 season. If you haven't seen it, I actually came across the exact clip on YouTube that I had saved on my computer nearly ten years ago. Forget transitions and spin levels, because they didn't exist yet. Like I titled this: just enjoy the storytelling! Oh, and please look past her ability to do a clean double Axel in this particular performance. Well, look past her ability to do any clean jumps, really. This whole event ended up being a train wreck of ladies skating, and Laetitia ended up 5th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why black and white ?? You'd think it was a clip from 1969 i/o 1999 by the quality of the video ??

Tony said...

It's not my video, and remember 10 years ago skating video clips were just barely starting up. Well maybe you don't remember back then... but trust me, most of the clips were at a really small resolution and choppy. I had this clip on my computer, as I said, in 2001 or 2002. So it definitely was made a long time ago. I didn't post it on YouTube, but obviously someone else who saved the video did.

Anonymous said...

Well, there are SO MANY FS video clips on Youtube from even the '80s in color, I couldn't understand why this one from '99 was in B&W

Tony said...

Simply because the ones from the 80's were made recently, or within the last few years. This particular clip was not. :)