Thursday, June 10

Who would be your ideal commentating team? There's gotta be at least one layperson. (I'm guessing you'd go with Terry in that role?)

Definitely Terry Gannon. He has learned so much about the sport and he has this quick, witty humor that makes him really enjoyable. Tracy Wilson usually does ice dance commentary, but she knows her stuff in singles and pairs skating as well. She's informative and explains what she needs to quickly during the performances rather than talking the entire time. And honestly, Sandra Bezic doesn't bother me at all. I think she also has a lot of good points. I don't know why she rubs so many people the wrong way but I guess she can go on talking just a bit too much.

Dick Button is so knowledgeable but he mumbles and stutters over his words way too much now, unfortunately. I like him in the position of reviewing the event or giving his thoughts, as he did at the 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olympics. Scott Hamilton always is far too excited about the little things. I like that he has so much passion, but some of it is just so over the top. It's like, yay, the skater just did a clean triple Salchow and you lost your mind over it, but now they have a triple Axel and quad toe coming up!! How are you going to react now, Scotty? He'll probably pee his pants. Peggy Fleming recycles the same quotes far too often and seems to focus on only a few things. Everyone else.. meh.

Oh, and by the way... This is just for those that have done American broadcasting. I love the British men. They also relate to each other really well and analyze the programs AFTER the skaters are done, only highlighting really necessary stuff during the skate. More people need to learn to do that!

Ask me a question about figure skating!

1 comment:

jumping clapping man said...

I LOVE Sandra, and I think that SUSIE WYNNE is underrated. Susie's actually my favorite of all of them...and she has good chemistry with Terry.

I also kind of like Verne Lundquist.

Keep Peter C. OUT!