Wednesday, August 4

How does the Champs Camp work? Is it a real competition? I guess we won't see any videos from it but, Will we have the scores?

This year it is set up to be like a simulated competition. The skaters will almost definitely receive protocols of their programs, but it's not a competition. It's more of a run-through set up to show them what levels they would be receiving, and how much the panel seems to like their programs. Skate Canada has done this for many years and I'm sure the athletes really appreciate having the early feedback.

I don't think that the Camp is open to the public, so there won't be any videos. I remember with Skate Canada's simulations, the first year or maybe two videos surfaced from spectators, but then they closed it off to the public in the following years.

Ask me a question about figure skating!

No comments: