Wednesday, November 3

That Big Project Revealed... Kind-Of.

I'm probably one of the biggest nerds in the world when it comes to particular pieces of music that are used in skating. Back when I was younger, I used to hate looking for songs that had the wrong information supplied to the ISU (which happened often), and I didn't feel like going through 25 tracks on a movie soundtrack to find the one piece I wanted. So, I'm going to try to change that just in case there are more nerds out there just like me!

This is the database project I mentioned briefly in a few weeks ago. For now, here's all of the music used at the NHK Trophy, with details as specific as I could find them. Obviously the 2010/2011 season and just this one competition are a VERY small part of the big picture, but I wanted to give just a little tease!

2010/2011 Figure Skating Music Listings

Some notes: With the classical pieces, it's really hard to name a specific version of the recording as all are very similar. If there is a * next to a title, artist, or album listing, it means that I am somewhat confident that I've listed the correct information, but I'm not yet 100%. If there is an "unknown" in any of the listings-- well, I'm sure you can figure that one out.

If you can help out with any of the unknown areas or have corrections, feel free to e-mail me. Suggestions are always welcome, too.

By the way-- Sorry about the formatting, it's because I copied and pasted the material from my big output file. When the actual page is up and running, it will look A LOT smoother. I promise :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic Tony! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is awesome. I would love listings from previous seasons, but this is already amazing.