Friday, February 18

First Things First.. Remember Walter Toigo?

If you were following my blog back in late-August or September, you might remember my post about Italian judge Walter Toigo, and the videos I linked to from YouTube that made it seem as if he was copying the marks of the judges nearest him in the Junior Grand Prix Courchevel competition. Read part one and part two if you haven't yet been enlightened to the drama.

I was told today that Toigo has indeed received a two-year suspension by the ISU, and it also extends to being banned from judging national competitions during this time.

Maybe the ISU does have some sense after all? :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting development! You were on top of this!

aims said...

So, what do you think will happen to the judge that gave Tessa and Scott 5.50's and a 5.25 for their various components scores on their 4CC Short Dance segment??

Anonymous said...

I remember your post! You did a great job! All skaters and their fans must thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I remember that, I'm glad something happened to him!

Anonymous said...

Strong work, Tony. I'm sure you got some harsh feedback on bringing that issue to the forefront, but you called it as you saw it, and you were RIGHT!!!

Jo said...

Did you know the vids from your original post on the subject have been removed Tony ??
Jo xx

Jo said...

In fact I've just been to check and MrBadSpin69 has been totally wiped. No channel, no videos, no nothing.
Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Not from my point of view, seems you're not so informed after all :o) ask yourself what happened after this in the italian federation. I'm sure you don't know mr toigo at all, you don't know IJS at all and You don't know real things at all, but anyway, this is your "blog" and you can think and write anything right? have a nice day mr "i told" :D ah ah ah