Sunday, November 11

Does It Get Any Better? Patrick Chan



Alright, besides the single toe as the latter part of the combo, does it get any better? I'm in love with Patrick Chan's short program this season to Elegie. The effortless skating, the way he uses his entire body, the transitional footwork throughout the program (particularly down the length of the ice following the first combo), the actual footwork sequence-- everything. Really remarkable.

Watch from 1:30 to 1:42 alone. Even though it's the same set of steps repeated, it's more transitional content than many other skaters in this very competition had in their entire programs, and that's just the beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the SP, and thought that Jeffrey Buttle is a fabulously talented choreographer - and that I'd have enjoyed the program more if he were skating it rather than Chan (I'm willing to forego the quad so that he can go clean).

I've tried, and I can see that Chan is technically accomplished, but his skating just leaves me cold.

Hopefully Buttle will get even more work based on this, though.