Monday, June 3

Mahbanoozadeh Retirement

American skater Armin Mahbanoozadeh announced today via Twitter that he will not be competing in the upcoming season or in the foreseeable future. Here is his full set of Tweets:
Hello Twitters! I am announcing that I will not be competing this coming season or for the foreseeable future. I am a full time CompSci student and I have many amazing plans for my future. I want to sincerely thank everyone who has supported me throughout the years and for some of the most amazing friends and fan a person could hope for. I wish everyone the best of luck this Olympic season and into the future.
So he plays piano and he's a computer science student AND he posted about being excited about Arrested Development coming back last week? We could be the best of friends.

While he's had a disappointing string of events throughout the last few seasons, I have to say that one of the absolute highlights of this Olympic cycle was his free skate from the 2010 Skate America, where he won the bronze medal.



I even named my event review for the competition Thank You, Armin

Best of luck, Armin Hammer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to be there when he had the skate of his life at Skate America. It's one of my all time favorite live skate experiences. He was never able to capitalize on it for some reason. So talented, so charming. I'll miss him. Best of luck to him.

Anonymous said...

I was there also -- that flip out of the spread eagle generated a gasp all around the arena. Whenever I hear his name, I see the joy in his face at the end of that program.